Analytics

Friday, July 25, 2014

Widgets

Teacher Fashion- Back to School Shoes

Try wearing the same color in public
This isn't my normal type of post, but I am starting a new job in August. Therefore, I've been thinking a lot about what to wear on my first day, and what teachers tend to wear day to day. Thus here's a post about my favorite footwear to wear when teaching. For the next few weeks on Friday I'll post a quick post about my opinion on teacher fashion. These will probably stop after August, but who knows I may feel inspired :)

I think everyone knows teachers spend a lot of time on their feet! We move around the class, run from classroom to classroom and don't spend a whole lot of time sitting down.

Usually when I teach I am in flats. I wear heels the first day of class because I find that helps students take me more seriously. After that, I am usually in flats.

I think my ankle looks weird here.
I discovered these shoes when I was home for the holidays. I had forgotten to pack a pair of black shoes and borrowed a pair of my mothers. It was just a boring black flat and I didn't really think it looked that cute. However, once I tried it on, I felt like Cinderella.

Since then I've been doing my best to brag about these shoes to every teacher I meet. I am pretty excited. These, "dexflex comfort" shoes are amazing. The company line is that they are, "happiness for your feet," and I couldn't agree more! Normally they run for $30 at your local Payless. While this isn't a lot, I try to hold out until I can find them for less. Payless often has BOGO (buy one get one free) sales making the shoes only $22.50 each. You can also normally find them on sale. I just picked up three pairs for $15 each!

FatWallet Coupons and DealsFor those without a Payless near you, you can always shop online! If you do shop online, I have an easy way for you to get 6% of your bill back! Just join FatWallet. FatWallet is an easy site to join, and I've been a member for a while. Before you shop at a website just stop by FatWallet to see if they offer CashBack. If they do click through their link and shop as usual. At the end you'll get your goodies (as usual) and cash back from FatWallet!


 

If you shop as much as I do (check out my shoe collection on the right), you'll be getting significant savings!

Basically, I feel these shoes are worth the investment. They look professional (my conservative father tells me they look nice which is a win!), come in many different colors (so you can find a match for any ensemble), and are pretty affordable (especially when combined with sales and FatWallet).

So that's my all time favorite teaching shoe... what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. Due to spam, your comment may not show up right away, but as soon as I get a chance to approve it I will. I promise to be as fast as possible!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...